As a new business owner, there may things that you don’t quite know about business insurance. Here are the most five important factors to remember when buying business insurance.
- Independent insurance Agent – using an independent agent is an option to purchase commercial insurance. We are able to shop with many different carriers and get the best coverage at the best value.
- Customer Service – Getting the best value for money is something that everyone desires. In the insurance industry best value is tantamount with excellent service. This can be seen by the way your agent answers questions and describing the details of an insurance policy. You are also free to ask for references, which will give you a good idea of the quality of service you’ll be receiving. Only make a decision once you are thoroughly satisfied with your research. Unfortunately, once the contract is signed, there’s not much you can do, so be sure that you are 100% satisfied beforehand.
- Price – Most often the most important aspect that business owners look at. Shopping around and getting different quotes from different companies will allow you to get a good idea of the going rate. Getting different quotes online will also help you to make an informed decision. Ask friends and family for recommendations too.
- Stability – there are professional companies out there that can evaluate an insurance company’s operations and performance. These include Standard & Poor’s Insurance Rating Services, AM Best, and Weiss Research among others. There are many scams out there, so be cautious when making a decision.
- Be knowledgeable – the National Insurance Producer Registry is an organization that requires all insurance companies be registered with them. Generally companies with a rating of B+ and above are acceptable. You care also able to check complaints made against them, which will give you a good idea of the kind of company you’re dealing with.
As always check with an independent insurance agent where you can a number of different quotes from different companies. Contact us today at 713-771-3973 to get a Houston Business Insurance quote.